You have completed your first iOS mobile application; the next step you need to do is to submit your masterpiece to Apple’s App Store. Thinking where to start? How do you do this? Is your application ready for submission?
From our experience in Designing and development, let us tell you that submitting an application is not as simple as sending Apple your application’s binary. With this post, we will provide you with a detailed map to get your application submitted to Apple’s App Store.We know this ambiguous feeling of excitement and anxiety when submitting your first app. Even for the experienced iOS developers, submitting an application to the App Store is often stressful.
Pre-requisites to upload your iOS app on App Store
- Mac system with the latest version of macOS installed
- A valid credit card for the app submission fee.
- You would also need a trusted and reliable development software, like Xcode, that supports Apple. You have the option to install Xcode software from the Mac App Store.
If you are not a registered iOS developer, you can enroll in Apple’s iOS Developer Program by visiting the Apple Developer page and clicking the Enroll button. You need to be compliant with Apple’s app submission guidelines. Here’s what you need to make your app ready for submission:
- Make your app safe by securing user data.
- Submit the final version of your app (submit all test versions to Testflight ahead of time.)
- Make a clear note for your users on all the in-app purchases.
- Offer the option of signing in with Apple to any 3rd party social service.
- Consider your users' permission settings.
- Keep in mind to only include a user login if your app includes significant account based features.
5 Steps To Launch Your iOS App on App Store Successfully
Step 1: Creating Apple ID
- Go to apple developer account Login https://developer.apple.com/register/
- Click on this Create Apple ID
- Fill the All required information for Apple ID and click on Create apple ID
- Check your email id which you have used as Apple ID and verify your email address, by clicking verify now.
- Now Enter your Login credentials, and click verify Address.
- You will get email address verified message.
Step 2: Register a Developer account
- Go to apple developer account Login https://developer.apple.com/
- Enter your Apple ID and Password and click Sign In
- Review the agreement, Select the confirmation check box and click submit.
- Select your Entity Type (ex. individual, company/organization, government) and click Continue.
- Fill out your contact information. Click Purchase to complete your purchase.
- Enter your payment information and click Continue
- Download Certificate Signing Request (.CSR) by clicking on the download tab. Download (.CSR) file
Step 3. Download your .ipa file
- Login into your Appy Pie account.
- Go to into your My Apps Area
- Select your app and Click on the Golive Button
- Then click on iPhone tab
- Download (.CSR) file Download (.CSR) file
- Upload Distribution Certificate to Appy Pie (To learn how to create Apple’s Distribution Certificate, (refer to Part 3-A)
- Upload Provisioning Profile to Appy Pie (To learn how to Provisioning Profile, (refer to Part 3-C)
- Please provide App’s Current Version. more information.
Step 4: Create app in iTunes Connect
- Go to https://itunesconnect.apple.com/
- Click on my Apps
- Click on ‘+’ sign and Choose New App
- Choose iOS. Copy App name,choose lang,Choose required Bundle ID (As on certificates),Write SKU (e.g., SKU1324APPNAME)
- Choose Category under App information
- Go to Pricing -> Choose suitable pricing Teir
- Upload screenshots, logo rating and details.
Step 5. Upload your app from Application Loader
- On your Mac computer, open the Application Loader.
- Enter your Apple ID and password.
- Click Next and click Deliver Your App.
- Select the app you would like to submit and click Open.
- Wait for the application loader to upload your file, and for the green check mark to appear (this verifies that your app was received and submitted to Apple).
We know building an app is a task but publishing it onto the App Store can be the rewarding conclusion of your hard work. Follow our guide to get your app submitted into the App Store successfully. Feel free to reach out to us for any questions at email@example.com
We wish your success!