Throughout all the app projects we’ve worked on, one consistent trend we have noticed is that mobile app development is sort of a recorder especially if you don't have the skills to code. If you’re a business owner or software consultant, hiring just any app developer for your company or project can cost you. In this article, we’ll share why you need to hire a mobile app developer and what are vital points on selecting a service you should consider. Let’s get to it!
Things to Plan Before Hiring An App Developer
It is imperative to have a clear idea of the type of app you want to develop and plan the basics of app development. While it is good to keep technical points to the expert, but understanding the basics will help you be a part of the process. With all these years into designing and developing, your Iqonic Design now has a dedicated service unit for Mobile Applications at the steal-deal rate you cannot afford to miss. Check out the details here.
Tips To Consider When You Hire An App Developer
Understand What Type of App Do You Want:
When hiring an app developer following factors are largely dependent on the type of app you want to build.
While the latest mobile apps are used for multiple purposes, there are generally three types of mobile apps:
- Native apps. This type of app is created to work with a specific mobile operating system (OS).
- Web apps. Web apps, on the other hand, can be run via the web browser of any device. There is not just a mobile app. They run as responsive websites within your browser.
- Hybrid apps. Just as their name implies, hybrid apps look and feel like native apps but are actually web apps.
As they are built to operate differently, native, web, and hybrid apps use different technologies.
Types Of Mobile Apps:
Each kind of mobile app requires a different budget. Where native apps are highly popular for great performance, they tend to gulp a lot of money because you will then need to build separate products for different platforms.
Things You Should You Know About App Making:
It is important to catch up on certain items that can impact your choice of platforms. To ensure the success of your development project, here are some of the key factors to look out for:
- Development and maintenance costs
- Target audience
- User Experience (UX) and performance
- User Interface (UI) and device features
Web apps are the cheapest, there’s a significant trade-off in the performance department. Different app types and operating systems also deliver varying UI and UX. For example, the same app may operate differently on Android and iOS devices.
If you’re having a rather difficult time settling for a particular platform, you may want to consider cross-platform development. Development frameworks such as React Native, Flutter, and Xamarin support cross-platform development and allow you to enjoy the best of all worlds.
Additionally, this is a cost-effective solution for developing products that work on Android, iOS, and other major mobile platforms.
Checkout Options From Where You Can Find Developers:
Two of the most common approaches include hiring a freelance developer or outsourcing to a development agency. Each of these methods has its pros and cons.
Hiring Freelance Developers
If you are planning to hire a freelance app developer, you may first want to consider recommendations from people you can trust on. Initially, this method guarantees that you get a verified referral. But, this approach is restricted at one point.
Outsource to an Agency
This is a more robust solution. If you find the right agency, you normally won’t have to bother about hiring multiple experts involved in working with a freelancer.
Check Details Of The Development Agency:
Additional research on the agency you wish to hire will build your trust. Here are some suitable places to explore:
• B2B platforms. Specialized platforms like Clutch or GoodFirms are a good starting point for getting a general idea of the mobile app development agencies out there.
• LinkedIn. LinkedIn is a great platform for finding and analyzing development firms.
• General forums. This is a great way to find development agencies, as well as freelancers.
How Much Will It Cost?
There are various factors that determine the cost of a mobile app. You should consider and discuss these factors with the developer before you get started.
- App features. Understand which functionality is important to you and how much will it cost to you. The cost of various features varies dramatically. For example, you may need just about $400 to add push notifications to your app. Whereas, a call feature may set you back as much as $12000.
- Device platforms. There’s a significant cost impact of creating multiple native apps for multiple device platforms.
- Location of the development provider.
- Maintenance costs.
Here is an insight we found on the estimated hourly charge of hiring developers in some geographical locations.
Indian Developers Avg. Hourly Rates
- iOS developers for hire range between $18-$40 per hour
- Android developers for hire range between $20-$35 an hour
Cost to Hire Developers in the USA
- Cost to hire iOS app developers: $100-$150 per hour
- Cost to hire Android app developers: $120-$170 an hour
- Android developer: $60 per hour
- iOS developer: $30 per hour
- Android developer: $200 per hour
- iOS developer: $150 per hour
- Android developer: $60 per hour
- iOS developer: $50 per hour
There are many mobile app developers with expertise in developing mobile apps for diverse industries. Be rest assured that if you go through the above-mentioned tips, you will hire the best mobile application developer for your project. Be it hiring a freelancer or outsourcing an agency, you must always have a crystal clear picture of your development provider’s experience. Subscribe to our newsletter to get exclusive discounts and quick insights to help you boost your business.